Garden Jubilee and Blushing Lady are two polishes from Nailtini’s latest collaboration with Janie Bryant (the talent behind Mad Men’s amazing costumes). You can find my review of the first collection here. As with every Nailtini polish I have tried, this collection is named after cocktails.
Garden Jubilee is a fabulous duochrome. It displayed a shimmery coppery pink, golden khaki and light olive green.
Application was excellent but pretty sheer. With three coats I had decent coverage. Nailtini suggests that you try “cocktailing” and layer their colors. Garden Jubilee is a perfect candidate for layering. I tried it over Blushing Lady, and the result was similar but more opaque and perhaps a bit more pink (not pictured). I think next time I will try it over a darker base color.
Blushing Lady is a pretty bright pastel pink. It reminds me of carnations.
Application was good. A bit sheer and slightly streaky, but was pretty even by the third coat. Three coats and a top coat shown.
I am celebrating 100 Followers on Google Friend Connect! Thank you for reading my blog! To celebrate I am giving away:
- OPI Burlesque Red Shimmers minis set (includes 0.125 oz. bottles of The Show Must Go On!, Let Me Entertain You, Ali’s Big Break and Tease-y Does It)
- MAC Bad Fairy
- Nailtini’s Mad Men inspired “You Call It” Mini Bar set (includes 0.25 oz. bottles of French 75, Burbon Satin, Stinger and Deauville)
The sun is proving elusive today, so I only have one quick shot of the Nailtini set. These beauties deserve full swatches, so time and sun willing I will add them later this week. Stinger is especially stunning. It is a blackened teal green/purple shimmer duochrome. YUM!
Each polish/set is new in box.
There are several ways to enter.
1. Follow me on Twitter and retweet the following: Follow @PlayWithPolish and RT to win OPI, MAC and Nailtini nail polish! http://tiny.cc/wubs8
2. Follow my blog using Google Friend Connect
3. Follow my blog using NetworkedBlogs (at the bottom right side)
4. Be a friend on Facebook (Playing W. Polish)
5. Blog about my giveaway, or put in on your blog’s sidebar
6. Put www.PlayingWithPolish on your blogroll
Each counts as one entry, with a total of six possible entries per person. Please comment and tell me which method(s) you used, and the name(s) you follow under. I also need an email address to contact you if you are the winner.
The deadline is October 11, 2010 at 5:00 PM Pacific.
I will choose one randomly selected winner on October 12, 2010 and notify them via email. Please respond within 72 hours, or I will select another winner. My contest is open to anyone (except my family of course).